CALL FOR ART!
THE URBAN SKETCHER’S NOTEBOOK
101 Cityscapes and Scenes to Color
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION FEBRUARY 29, 2016
Readers have asked for more, more and more coloring books and inspiration. We are hoping urban sketchers like YOU will answer the call! We are putting together a uniquely crave-worthy collection of urban sketches to color, crowdsourced from every corner of the world and we want to include your work!
What We Are Looking For:
- Rich and detailed original works of art that depict urban scenes, people, buildings, etc.
- Sketches only – preferably pen and ink line art only – we will not be accepting colored scenes.
- Images submitted must be at least 300 dpi and at least 8 x 10. Both landscape and portrait orientations are acceptable.
- Email a digital copy (TIFF or JPG preferred) of your sketch (or sketches) to [email protected] no later than February 29, 2016.
- Be sure to include your name, physical address and email address in the body of your email.
- Include the name of the location your sketch depicts in the body of your email.
- You may submit as many sketches for consideration as you would like.
- There is NO SUBMISSION or ENTRY FEE.
About the Selection Process:
A team of experienced North Light Fine Art editors will review all qualified submissions over several rounds of judging to choose 100+ sketches to include in the book.
If Your Work Is Selected:
- You will have to sign a Permission to Publish Form.
- You will have to submit your work to the specifications mentioned above (if you have not already).
- You will be asked to write a legend for your art that includes your name and city/country, the name/location of the work, and any other pertinent details you would like to share (such as your website or blog, etc.).
- You will have approximately two weeks to turn around the requested items.
- You will receive two FREE copies of the book following publication. Additional copies can be purchased at a discount.
About North Light
Creating art can be a simple or complex process; the North Light Books mission is to break that process down into clear, understandable steps so aspiring artists learn how to go from blank canvas to masterpiece. Our books for artists by expert artists and instructors range from oil and watercolor and now coloring books to fantasy and manga art under the popular IMPACT books line.
THE URBAN SKETCHER’S NOTEBOOK: 101 Cityscapes and Scenes to Color
Edited by Kristy Conlin
North Light Books • October 2016 • $15.99